Peljesac is the second largest peninsula in Croatia right after Istria. Although it is a peninsula, it has all the characteristics of Croatian islands that surround it. It is located south of the island of Brac, Hvar and Makarska Riviera and north of Dubrovnik (50 km). Korcula Island looks like an extension of Peljesac, and only a narrow strait separates them, so that the ferry from Orebic to Korcula drives just 15 minutes. Peljesac is about 65 km long, so you will need about an hour to come to the top end of the peninsula, to Orebic. People on the peninsula are engaged in viticulture, livestock, fishing, tourism and they are particularly known for the cultivation of shellfish. The most famous tourist place is, Orebic, a place with a long maritime tradition, now a tourist center on the peninsula of Peljesac. Orebic with surrounding towns, Kucisce and Viganj, has numerous private apartments and rooms. Accommodation can be found in many camps, boarding houses and hotels. There are 5 of them. Threre are nice sandy beaches in Orebic and the place is known as wind surf center. In addition, there are courts available for other sports and it is interesting that you can hike to the highest peak of Peljesac which is 961 meters high. Of course, Orebic has numerous restaurants and cafes where you can eat well and taste famous dingac, postup, plavac or Peljesac, famous wines of the region. There are many small places on the peninsula where you can stay in private apartments. We will allocate Trpanj, Viganj, Podobuce, Loviste, Trstenik and Drace. At the entrance to the peninsula Peljesac Ston and Mali Ston are located, towns famous for the cultivation of shellfish and salt. There are long defensive walls around Ston built by the citizens of Dubrovnik to defend themselves from the invaders. From Peljesac and from Orebic you can easily visit Korcula and Vela Luka. Go on a trip to Dubrovnik and visit Cavtat, Molunat and Cilipi. After you have discovered the beauties of the Croatian south, maybe you decide to discover the beauties of the north Croatian coast so we recommend visiting Umag and Novigrad. If you are up for such a long trip and a long vacation at sea, rent a boat at the ACI marina Dubrovnik.
|26.03.||4°C 40°F||Overcast 54% 0 NNE|
|Mon||min: 6°C max: 13°C||Clear|
|Tue||min: 8°C max: 13°C||Clear|
|Wed||min: 9°C max: 15°C||Clear|
|Thu||min: 9°C max: 18°C||Clear|
TO ISLANDS TRAVEL
MON - FRI : 8:00 - 16:00 h
tel: +385 (0)21 494 802
fax: +385 (0)21 494 820
10000 houses, apartments and rooms in offer.
- 3600 charter boats.
- Direct contracts with the owners.
- Approved properties with the licence to work. Detailed descriptions and pictures.
- The exact location of objects on the map.
- We will respond to all questions regarding destination and accommodation.
- Special offers - frequent price discounts. Just ask!
- We assist in resolving any problems regarding accommodation.
- Most properties are reserved by advance payment and the rest payment upon arrival.
- You pay on the account in the bank that is in the SEPA system (no costs of money transfer)
- You can pay online by credit card via the secure link.
- You receive voucher via e-mail after we receive the payment.
- Personal insurance covered by Allianz.
- We are members of the Association of Croatian Travel Agencies.
- 10 years of experience, thousands of satisfied guests.
- Our offer lists at: Casamundo, Atraveo, E-domizil, Tripadvisor, Flipkey, Holidaylettings, CaseVacanza, Homeaway, Fewodirekt etc.